Wednesday, October 7, 2009

I'm looking for a job and?

I really want to dye my hair pink. I'm not trying to work in an office or anything. Just a Daycare or something. Do you think if I had pink hair they wouldn't hire me?



I'm looking for a job and?

Hey C!



Just to think about...when looking for work, you mentioned you're not looking for a job in an office or anything..does that somehow differ from the standards that you would set for yourself in a daycare or babysitting gig? To thine own self be true, whether it be the Presidency or Poop scooper, I usually rely on my own self awareness and value. Those around you, in and out of the workplace, will respect you for it. Take care.



I'm looking for a job and?

try pink highlights instead of the whole head. if its really suttle but you still like it most people wont mind. remember do what you want to do despite what everyone else wants. even if its your boss parents friends, be your own self thats why you were blessed with free will (praise be to chrisna, buddha,jesus,mohammed).



I'm looking for a job and?

How pink? haha



Seriously though, you would have to look at the clients of where you are wanting to get a job and imagine how they would react.



A daycare might frown upon really obnoxious pink hair because parents might be concerned about the maturity and responsibility level of a person with anything out of the 'norm'.



Appearances shouldn't dictate the ability for one to get and maintain a job, however in society these days, it is apperances that speak the loudest.



I'm looking for a job and?

unfortunatly, yes. As an employee (especially in daycare), they need to see you at your most responcible and respectable appearance...it's like going to church in your sunday best... doesn't change how you function, but it shows your responcibility on the outside. As someone with tattoo's and piercings, I make the sacrifice of putting in retainers so I look more on-the-ball.



Also, where you're dealing with kids, your dealing with parents. Little Susie mught LOVE the pink hair, but her mom has an occupation of evaluating what kind of person is watching after her daughter, and she only wants the cream of the crop (she wished harvard students would come babysit her little angel).



So, bottom line, do what you want, but don't expect acceptance....sad, but true.



good luck!



I'm looking for a job and?

If you want to have pink hair (which I had in the past), you might try finding a job in a coffee house, alternative hair salon, punk store, skate board shop, head to mid-town and find a liberal restaurant to work in. There are plenty of businesses that would welcome you hair style choice. If you are young and still working towards your degree then go for it. If you have graduated and are looking for a career position buy a wig for the weekends and call it day. Have fun!



I'm looking for a job and?

lacewigsforme.com is hiring wig makers and designers email them or visit the site it is nice I shop there.



I'm looking for a job and?

First go to the daycare without the pink hair and then dye it while you have the job. and even if you sign up with the pink hair, i still think they would hire you



I'm looking for a job and?

Trust me; if you want to get a job, even at a daycare center, I would forget the pink!!!!!!! how would you feel if you were a parent and saw someone working there with pink hair? face it, kiddo, the real world is not what we want it to be.....Now if you had your own day care center, %26amp; was established in that field, then you MIGHT get away with it, but even then, I wouldnt leave my child there!! sorry, but it's the awful truth....If you wanted to wear a pink wig once in awhile for the kids to see, MAYBE..(hey, I'm grasping at straws here!!) Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment