Saturday, August 1, 2009

My snake ate a hair, will he be okay?

I've had snakes for a while, but this is so bizarre I've never had it happen before. My yearling ratsnake eats two pinks/week; after his first one I noticed he was acting odd, and found out he had swallowed a hair along with the mouse! I got as much of it out of him as I could, but he was really distressed so I just snipped it as short as I could and let him have his other mouse, hopefully to drag the hair down into his stomach.



Since it's organic it'll digest, right? I'm so scared that it'll tie up in him somewhere and he'll die!



My snake ate a hair, will he be okay?

If you are feeding him mice the hair will affect him about the same as their fur. Just some more roughage in his diet, nothing to worry about.



My snake ate a hair, will he be okay?

I'm not a snake expert. but if it can digest the bones of a pinkie, it should be able to digest a hair. If not, it might try throwing it back up. Just monitor it's movement and eating, tracking it's behavior



My snake ate a hair, will he be okay?

yes he will be fine and plus pinkies dont have hair but he will probably be fine



My snake ate a hair, will he be okay?

It will digest just like a rat or mouse hair does.



I have four Ball Pythons currently.



My snake ate a hair, will he be okay?

It wont hurt him at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment